We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- 2 Giant Oxheart tomatoes (about 12 ounces total)
- 2 Cherokee Purple tomatoes (about 12 ounces total)
- 1 teaspoon fleur de sel or coarse kosher salt plus additional for sprinkling
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh opal or green basil plus additional whole leaves for garnish
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (preferably Ligurian), divided, plus additional for brushing
- 1 teaspoon minced shallot
- 6 uncooked unpeeled jumbo shrimp (about 2 ounces each), cut in half lengthwise through shell, deveined, shell still attached
Cut all tomatoes into 1/3-inch cubes; place in large bowl. Add 1 teaspoon fleur de sel; toss. Let stand 15 minutes. Transfer tomatoes to strainer set over large bowl; let stand 45 minutes to drain well, tossing often. Transfer tomatoes to medium bowl; stir in chopped basil, 1 tablespoon olive oil, garlic, and shallot. Season with fleur de sel and ground black pepper.
Line six 3/4-cup ramekins or custard cups with plastic wrap, leaving long overhang. Fill each ramekin with scant 1/2 cup tomato mixture; press to compact. Cover with plastic overhang, pressing firmly. DO AHEAD Can be made 2 hours ahead. Let stand at room temperature.
Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat). Open up plastic wrap on ramekins. Invert 1 ramekin onto each of 6 plates, releasing tomato mixture. Brush shrimp with olive oil; sprinkle with fleur de sel and pepper. Grill shrimp, shell side down, 1 1/2 minutes. Turn shrimp over and grill just until opaque in center, about 1 1/2 minutes longer. Arrange 2 shrimp halves atop tomatoes on each plate. Drizzle remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil over tomatoes, garnish with whole basil leaves, and serve.
Shrimp Tartare Recipes
- Roasted Shrimp And Scallop Papillotes With Miami T .
Roasted Shrimp And Scallop Papillotes With Miami T .
If Oxhearts aren't available, try Pineapple tomatoes instead of Cherokees, .
Whether you use Oxhearts or Pineapple, Cherokees or Rose de Berne, the key .
Prep: 25 min., Chill: 1 hr., Freeze: 30 min., Grill: 12 min. Recipes for sh .
Food Network invites you to try this Fried Shrimp With Tartar Slaw recipe f .
Breaded foods, like this crispy shrimp, don't have to be fried -- baking c .
A day ahead, prepare the vinaigrette and cook the shrimp refrigerate separ .
Shrimp Burgers With Sweet 'n' Spicy Tartar Sauce
Food Network invites you to try this Shrimp with Lemon-Chive Tartar Sauce, .
Great dish if you like seafood
Cooking Channel serves up this Yuca Stuffed Crispy Shrimp with Norman's Mo .
Food Network invites you to try this Yuca Stuffed Crispy Shrimp with Norman .
Giving up fried shrimp is probably easier than giving up, say, chocolate ca .
Food Network invites you to try this Yuca Stuffed Shrimp con Mojo with Torn .
MyRecipes recommends that you make this Tartar Sauce Shrimp recipe from Oxm .