We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Meat and poultry
- Roast beef
- Rib beef roast
When preparing such a special cut, you needn't fuss with too many spices or ingredients. This is a foolproof method for roasting rib of beef which will yield succulent results time and time again.
1955 people made this
- 2.25kg beef rib, on the bone
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic granules
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:4hr30min ›Extra time:1hr resting › Ready in:5hr40min
- Allow beef rib to stand at room temperature for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 190 C / Gas 5. Combine the salt, pepper and garlic granules in a small cup. Place the beef rib on a rack in a roasting tin so that the fatty side is up and the rib side is on the bottom. Rub the seasoning into the beef.
- Roast for 1 hour in the preheated oven. Turn the oven off and leave the beef inside. Do not open the door. Leave it in there for 3 hours. 30 to 40 minutes before serving, turn the oven back on at 190 C / Gas 5 to reheat the roast. The internal temperature should be at least 62 degrees C. Remove from the oven and let rest for 10 minutes before carving into servings.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(1757)
Reviews in English (1445)
Not a review - sorry - but a question. Can anyone give cooking times to give a joint that is not quite as pink as on the picture-30 Mar 2014
I have actually been cooking beef using this recipe for nigh on 20 years and yes, it is foolproof!-30 Mar 2014
I personally would not use this technique. I would feel too nervous not cooking using a steady constant heat source especially as ovens vary on their ability to hold heat. If you want practically raw beef and the risk of food poisoning then use this method, otherwise constant lowish heat and a little water in the pan to increase moisture is the way to go.-26 Mar 2017