We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
This easy dish is a tasty combination of calamari and pineapple, which is delicious served over fluffy white rice. The secret is to not overcook the squid, otherwise it becomes tough very quickly.
19 people made this
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, cut into wedges
- 900g squid, cleaned and cut into 1cm rings
- 1/2 fresh pineapple - peeled, cored and chopped
- 4 sticks celery, cut into 5cm pieces
- 4 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:10min ›Ready in:20min
- In a large frying pan over medium high heat, heat the and the garlic. Fry until garlic is golden brown.
- Add onion and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add squid and cook until they just turn white (do not overcook). Add the pineapple, celery, fish sauce, sugar and pepper. Stir fry for 2 minutes.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(16)
Reviews in English (14)
Recipe is fantastic. I disagree with a previous review that squid takes forever to clean though - it is very quick and easy. Cut the tentacles off just in front of the eyes. Remove the beak. Slide your finger down the back of the tube and break through the membrane holding the body in the tube. Pull the body and guts out. Slide your finger down under the cartilage and lift up - the cartilage will now come out. Slice the skin with a knife and peel off.-23 Aug 2006
by Mai TLP
I agree this is a very good dish. Remember you can add tomatoes and cubed bell peppers in this dish too and garnish it with cilantro!-14 Dec 2005