We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Meat and poultry
- Beef pie
These are delicious curried beef pies that are found in Jamaica and other islands in the Caribbean. Enjoy!
343 people made this
- 250g plain flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 dash salt
- 100g butter or margarine
- 75ml water
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 450g minced beef
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 125ml beef stock
- 50g dried breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
MethodPrep:20min ›Cook:30min ›Ready in:50min
- Preheat oven to 200 C / Gas 6. In a large bowl, combine flour, 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder and pinch of salt. Rub in 100g butter or margarine until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in water until mixture forms a ball. Shape dough into a log, and cut into 10 equal sections. Roll each section into a 15cm circle (approximately 3mm thick). Set aside.
- Melt butter or margarine in a frying pan over medium heat. Saute onion until soft and translucent. Stir in minced beef. Season with 1 teaspoon curry powder, thyme, 1 teaspoon salt and pepper. Cook until beef is evenly brown, stirring constantly. Stir in beef stock and breadcrumbs. Simmer until liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat.
- Spoon equal amounts of filling into each pastry circle. Fold over and press edges together, making a half circle. Use a fork to press edges, and brush the top of each patty with beaten egg.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until golden brown.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(244)
Reviews in English (203)
Something else.maybe let the filling cool before filling the pasties-19 May 2011
Fab patties! I also added a teaspoon of turmeric into the pastry mix too for that added yellow look! I diced up a carrot and cooked that in with the mince and added some frozen peas to the mix whilst it was cooling. I got 8 nice sized patties out of the flour mix - didnt realise the swelled up in the oven, so make sure you space them out - cook 2 batches if you have a smaller baking tray like me-05 Jun 2011
yum yum I am rubbish at pastry but this came out fab, I did put it back in the fridge for half an hour before I rolled it. Next time i will add some potato-04 Mar 2011