We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Dish type
- Nut and seed cakes
- Pecan cake
A digestive biscuit base is filled with a sweetened cream cheese mixture, before being baked. Once cool, the cheesecake is spread with sweetened soured cream and sprinkled with a sweetened, pecan and biscuit crumb.
14 people made this
IngredientsMakes: 1 26cm round cheesecake
- 175g digestive biscuits, crushed into crumbs
- 100g caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 115g unsalted butter, melted
- 675g cream cheese, softened
- 250g caster sugar
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 125ml hazelnut liqueur
- 250ml soured cream
- 4 tablespoons icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon pecan liqueur
- 85g pecans, ground in a food processor
- 40g digestive biscuits, crushed into crumbs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 80g pecan halves
MethodPrep:45min ›Cook:1hr ›Extra time:2hr30min cooling › Ready in:4hr15min
- Combine 175g biscuit crumbs, 100g caster sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon and melted butter. Press firmly into the bottom of a 26cm round springform tin.
- In a large bowl, blend the cream cheese and 250g caster sugar with an electric mixer at medium speed until well blended. Add the eggs, one at a time, blending well. Add vanilla extract. Add 125ml liqueur and blend for 5 minutes. Pour the filling on top of the biscuit base.
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Bake for approximately 1 hour. The cake should be golden brown and will have risen to the top of the tin. Turn off the heat and let cool in the oven for 2 1/2 hours. When cool, remove the rim of the springform tin.
- In a small bowl, mix the soured cream, icing sugar and 1 teaspoon liqueur together. Spoon onto the top of the cooled cheesecake.
- In a small bowl, combine the ground pecans, biscuit crumbs, 1 1/2 tablespoons caster sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle the pecan topping on the cheesecake. Carefully press the pecan topping into the sides of the cheesecake. Garnish the top and sides with pecan halves.
If pecan liqueur can be found, use this instead of hazelnut liqueur.
For more easy tips on how to make a perfect cheesecake, check out our Perfect cheesecake tips how-to guide.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(13)
Reviews in English (10)
This cake is excellent and really makes a wonderful end to any special meal. I could not find the pecan liqueur so I used frangelico (hazelnut) or a chocolate liqueur instead and it still tasted wonderful!-01 Jan 2006
This was my first time making a cheesecake. I made this for Thanksgiving and was completely surprised at how easy it was for a beginner. It had great success as everyone loved it and was gone in two days.-07 Dec 2003