We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Dish type
- Pies and tarts
- Savoury pies and tarts
- Fish pie
- Salmon pie
This pie is made from layers of rice, salmon, sauteed mushrooms and Cheddar. It's a delicious and substantial meal. Serve with a light crispy salad for lunch or dinner.
39 people made this
- 2 shortcrust pastry sheets
- 125g white rice
- 325ml water
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 115g fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 15g butter
- 1 (295g) tin cream of mushroom condensed soup
- 2 (180g) tins salmon, drained and mashed
- 75g Cheddar cheese, grated
MethodPrep:20min ›Cook:1hr25min ›Ready in:1hr45min
- In a medium saucepan cook the rice with the water.
- Preheat oven to 230 C / Gas 8.
- Line a 23cm pie dish with one sheet of pastry, trim the edges and set aside.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, saute the onions and mushrooms in the butter until soft.
- Combine the cooked rice with the mushroom soup and spread half of the mixture over the bottom of the pastry case. Spread the mashed salmon over the rice mixture. Top with the sauteed mushroom/onion mixture and then top with the remaining rice mixture. Sprinkle with grated cheese and cover with the second sheet of pastry. Trim edges, seal and pierce top.
- Bake at 230 C / Gas 8 for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 180 C / Gas 4 and continue to bake for another 30 to 35 minutes.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(42)
Reviews in English (35)
I added 3 garlic cloves ( crushed). black pepper/ salt to mushrooms and onions. Also used 2 fresh fillets of salmon, with slight oregano to slices of salmon. cambells condensed soup. As a beginner (at 70) the recipe said cheese, i used stilton, beautiful. more then enough, lasted 2 days meals. lovely taste, going to try with pyella rice next. my wife loves it. well done willma scott.-28 Oct 2014
This recipe has a lot of potential. With a few tweaks, this was a seriously yummy meal! I, too, am always looking for new recipes to use canned salmon. This was quick, easy, and the finished product looked great. I had extra potatoes so I followed the other suggestions to use mashed potatoes instead of rice. I boiled two large baking potatoes, mashed them up with some sour cream and a bunch of seasoning ( 1 t of oregano, fresh ground black pepper, basil, thyme, parsley, plus a healthy kick of cayenne pepper!) I doubled the cheddar cheese and layered everything twice (bottom crust, mashed potato mix, sauteed onion mix, salmon, cheese, sauteed onion, salmon, potato, cheese, top crust).We could barely wait for the pie to cool before trying it since it smelled so good. My husband actually wiped the bowl clean with his finger-not normal behavior, believe me! Thanks for the inspiration!-12 Mar 2007
by JANE WHEELER
I tried this recipe and loved it, and then tried making it with potatoes instead of rice, and used cream of asparagus soup...even better!-22 Nov 2000