We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Dish type
- Biscuits and cookies
Sweet cookie dough is shaped and rolled in sesame seeds, before being baked to perfection. Absolutely delicious!
13 people made this
IngredientsMakes: 7 dozen
- 500g plain flour
- 200g caster sugar
- 315g margarine
- 175ml milk
- 1/8 teaspoon anise oil (optional)
- 55g sesame seeds
MethodPrep:25min ›Cook:25min ›Ready in:50min
- Combine flour and sugar in a bowl. Cut in margarine with knives or using your fingertips until mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
- Add anise oil (optional) small amount for it is very strong, to 125ml of the milk and add to flour mixture. Gradually add more of the milk mixing until dough holds together.
- Pull off small portions of dough and roll between palms of the hands into a roll about finger size. Roll in sesame seeds. Seeds stick better if put in sugared water and taken out and put on a clean lintless cloth. Roll on cloth with seeds, then flatten out too about 5mm thickness. Cut into 5cm strips, place on ungreased baking tray.
- Bake at 180 C / Gas 4 for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove, cool completely, then store in an airtight container.
Make perfect cookies every time with our How to make cookies guide!
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(13)
Reviews in English (9)
My husband and I drive an hour and a half to Brooklyn for these cookie, and I like this recipe better. The hint of anise is nice. THANKS!HINT!!! I went thru about 6 oz. of sesame seeds to roll. Make sure you have about a half a pound ready.I also used my bread machine to mix the dough. It's much easier.-23 Jan 2001
by LINDA MAUGERI
I really liked this cookie - takes a little time to make since there are so many of them. Brought them into the office and got rave reviews. Not a kid's type of cookie more of an adult taste. Great with coffee or tea.-13 Dec 2000