We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Meat and poultry
- Cuts of chicken
- Chicken breast
In this chilli dish, chicken is used instead of beef. It's slow cooked with beans, peppers and various seasonings to create a delicious chilli dish. Serve with potatoes, rice or polenta.
109 people made this
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast fillets
- 1 (400g) tin kidney beans, undrained
- 1 (400g) tin pinto beans, undrained
- 1 (400g) tin black beans, undrained
- 2 onions, cut into chunks
- 1 green pepper, coarsely chopped
- 175g tomato puree
- 5 tablespoons dark brown soft sugar
- 2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Chinese chilli black bean sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 60g Cheddar cheese, grated
MethodPrep:30min ›Cook:5hr ›Ready in:5hr30min
- Place the chicken breasts into a slow cooker and pour in the kidney beans, pinto beans, black beans, onions, green pepper, tomato puree, dark brown soft sugar, rice vinegar, chilli black bean sauce and sea salt. Stir to combine all ingredients and set the cooker to High. Cook for 1 hour; stir again and set the cooker to Low. Cook for 4 more hours.
- Remove the chicken breasts, shred with 2 forks and stir the shredded chicken back into the chilli. Sprinkle the top of the chilli with Cheddar cheese and serve.
Seasoned rice vinegar is also known as sushi vinegar. It can be found in Chinese/Oriental speciality stores.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(71)
Reviews in English (59)
Amazing! Can't believe how easy this is to make and my whole family just loved this meal. Super easy. Just drop in the ingredients and turn on the pot. I didn't do the 1 hr high setting followed by 4 low. Instead, I put everything in the pot the night before and put it in the fridge. Pulled the pot out in the morning and cranked the dial to low. Left it in 8+ hours. Fantastic!-26 Feb 2010
********** I made this for dinner last night. I followed the recipe exactly except i put in one TBSP of chili powder by mistake. It turned out wonderful!!! So easy to put in the slowcooker and let cook all day on low. Thank you so much for this great recipe-04 Feb 2010
Made this chili today and my husband and I loved it! We are snowed in and it made a perfect comfort-food dinner! I made a few changes, however. I added a bit more brown sugar (another TBSP or so), added a small can of Hunt's diced tomatos, and because I did not have the black bean chili sauce on hand, I used a TBSP + a few pinches more of chili powder as a substitute. Served it topped with shredded, marbled cheddar cheese and a little sour cream on top. Really, really yummy...-05 Feb 2010