We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Dish type
Cottage cheese, mushrooms, chillies and basil are used to stuff an omelette. Serve for breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner or as a snack.
18 people made this
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 large fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped Scotch bonnet chilli or to taste (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 4 tablespoons cottage cheese
- ground black pepper to taste
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:15min ›Ready in:25min
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add mushrooms and chilli; saute until soft. Sprinkle with basil and remove from pan.
- Pour eggs into pan and return to heat. Cook eggs until semi-solid, then flip. Place mushroom mixture and cheese on top of omelette. Season with pepper and fold in half. Cook until firm. Serve warm.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(14)
Reviews in English (10)
The recipe was easy enoough, but I found the cool and lumpy cottage cheese inside the hot omelet disconcerting. I think mixing the cottage cheese in with the beaten egg might have imporved things. Thanks!-05 May 2009
I'm not a cottage cheese fan, but I used it for a recipe and had some left over. I found this recipe and was skepital, but I loved it. I used canned mushrooms, but I'll use fresh next time. The jalepenos gave it a nice kick. Thanks alot!-23 Aug 2008
by Sarah Jo
This was interesting. I took another reviewers advice and whipped the cottage cheese in with the eggs. I used one full egg and three egg whites and trim cottage cheese. I think I might add in some onion and garlic next time.-27 May 2009