We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Meat and poultry
- Cuts of pork
- Pork fillet
This is a delicious dish originating from Austria/Germany. Feel free to substitute the pork with veal, if desired.
133 people made this
- 1 litre oil for deep frying
- 6 (175g) fillets pork
- 145g plain flour
- 240g dry breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons milk
- salt and pepper to taste
MethodPrep:20min ›Cook:15min ›Ready in:35min
- Heat oil in a deep-fat fryer or large pan to 180 degrees C.
- Place meat on a solid, level surface and pound with a mallet until it is 2.5 to 5mm thick.
- Place the flour and breadcrumbs in separate plates. Lightly beat the eggs and add the milk. Lightly season with salt and pepper and put this into another plate.
- Coat the meat in flour, patting lightly by hand. Using a fork to hold the meat, dip into the egg mixture and drain slightly.
- Next, coat with the breadcrumbs by lightly pressing the crumbs into the meat. When each piece of meat has been prepared, deep fry in cooking oil until golden brown.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(135)
Reviews in English (106)
We enjoyed this version of Vienna Schnitzel and I would make it again--A tip you might try--After coating the meat place on plate--Cover with plastic wrap and put in "Frig." for @ least 1/2 hour--The coating will stick much better--This was advice from my German Father-in-Law-25 Jul 2005
by What a Dish!
Yum! Easy to prepare and tasty to eat. I didn't have cake flour, so I used all-purpose with good results. I also just pan-fried in canola oil. Served with Stacey's Fabulous Purple Potato Gratin and Roasted Asparagus with Shallots. Very flavorful meal!-14 Oct 2005
DO NOT precook your chicken. Slice your chicken breast and using a kitchen mallet pound the meat out thin. Try sprinkling meat with garlic salt and paprika prior to breading it. My husband is Hungarian where Schnitzel is a very popular. You can use pork, veal or chicken. We serve this with whipped potatoes, cucumber salad, pickled red peppers or dill pickles. Yum!-31 Aug 2005